EU Settlement Scheme applications
We can provide advice and assistance to EEA nationals and their family members who may wish to make applications under the EU Settlement Scheme.
As a result of the UK leaving the EU, EEA nationals who lived in the UK before 31 December 2020 are required to apply for pre-settled or Settled Status by 30 June 2021 if they wish to remain in the UK. Their eligible non-EEA family members must also apply.
For Settled Status a continuous period of five years residence is required.
For pre-settled status the EEA national must have been resident in the UK for at least one day before 31 December 2020.
The family members of EEA nationals who were in the UK before 31 December 2020 can also apply for a family permit to join them in the UK. Family permits will not be issued and will not be valid after 30 June 2021 so it will be essential to apply before this date.
Family members who may remain with or join an EEA national who lived in the UK before 31 December 2021 include:
- Spouses and civil partners
- Children and grandchildren under 21
- Dependent parents and other relatives
- Cohabiting partners
The family members of UK nationals who lived in another EU country before 31 December 2020 may also be able to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme (“Surinder Singh” cases).
Non-EEA nationals who have been carers for UK citizens may also qualify (Zambrano cases)..
We can help with:
- Advice about residence rights
- Pre-settled and Settled Status applications under the EU Settlement scheme
- Complex cases including carers of UK/EEA nationals and the family members of UK citizens returning from living in the EU
- Family Permits and EU Settlement scheme family permits
- British Citizenship and passport applications including for children